It's easy to miss, but the Recurring Tasks tab on any Workspace can also be used to store templates for tasks that you perform frequently, especially they are complicated or multi-step tasks that must be executed in a specific way each time.
Setting up a Task Template is Too Easy
- You can either start with an existing task, or create a new one on the Recurring board. We recommend using an existing Task that is already populated as it's much faster and already contains things like budgets and checklists.
- Hover over the Task card and open the Task's menu (three dots in upper-right corner).
- Choose "Save as a Template"
- You'll see a small notification that a task template has been added.
- Visit the Recurring board for this Workspace and you'll find your new Task Template waiting in the Task Library list.
Now, anytime the Client asks for that task to be completed again, you can reliably create a New Task from this Template that automatically contains all of the checklist items, files, and budget, in just a couple clicks.
Using a Task Template
- Visit the Recurring board and find the Task Template you'd like to use in the Task Library list.
- Hover over the Task card and open the menu in the upper right corner.
- Choose "New Task from this Template" and a New Task window will open, completely auto-filled by the Task Template. Just make any changes you'd like and click "Save" to create the new Task.